Empathy and Humility
• Try to remember that (most) of those that I disagree with are not evil reincarnations of Cruella Deville and/or Nurse Ratched, but rather unfortunately misguided/misinformed victims of corporate media agitprop and K-12 and higher education indoctrination.
Honesty and Courage
• Continue to call efforts to judge people by the color of their skin and segregate America (also known as Critical Race Theory and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) what it is: racism.
Oppose climate cult alarmist• s who would impoverish America while accomplishing exactly nothing in terms of averting global warming.
• Remember that openly opposing the left invites inquisitions, cancel culture and thuggery (see Senators Manchin and Sinema, Kyle Rittenhouse, Heather Macdonald, Andy Ngo et al), and take appropriate protective measures.
For our Authoritarian Public Health and Climate Cult Overlords
Stop Cherry Picking the Science
• “Follow the Science” has been a Democratic/climate cult talking point for some time now, but the truth is, the left only follows the science they agree with, and ignores the rest.
• The CDC justified mask mandates in public schools based on a study that the Atlantic (hardly a right wing magazine) rather convincingly showed was seriously flawed, if not downright fraudulent. When confronted, CDC Director Walensky reverted to bureaucratic word salad, said she was following the science, and doubled down on mask mandates.
• The former CDC Director and Dr. Fauci attacked three eminent scientists/epidemiologists behind the Great Barrington Declaration, which suggested a more focused, less authoritarian and less fear stoking approach to COVID, as “fringe” non-entities. The First Amendment does not apply to those who doubt Fauci.
• The biological science of XY chromosomes and the political science of gender identity seem to be in conflict. It is pretty clear which one the left “follows.”
• The climate models that the alarmist cult relies on have a major problem with historical predictive validity. You probably would not hire a financial advisor with such a poor record of wildly wrong predictions. As flawed (or fraudulent) as those models are, they are in agreement on one thing- none of the proposed emissions reductions strategies that Maine, the U.S., the European Union, the United Nations and assorted climate cultists have or are proposing will have any measurable effect on global warming. They will make energy very expensive and harm and kill a lot of people, but that is just the price of (not) saving the planet and moral preening, and a lot of those people are racist white males anyway.
For Janet Mills, Paul LePage, Jared Golden and Bruce Poiliquin
No Whine and Hubris
• Remember the Blaine House is not the Blame House, despite much evidence and experience to the contrary.
• Remember the U.S. House is not your house, but our House.
• See Empathy and Humility Resolution above.
For Parents with children in K-12 public schools
Yours in No (Dis) Grace
• Patience, Forbearance and Forgiveness for those who need it, regardless of whether they deserve it.
• School Choice.
• Brandon Pardon of National School Boards Association and Department of Justice charges of domestic terrorism.
Jon Reisman is an associate professor of economics and public policy at the University of Maine at Machias. His views are his own. Mr. Reisman welcomes comments as letters to the editor here, or to him directly via email at [email protected].