Gina McCarthy is the first White House National Climate Advisor under President Biden. Before that, she was the EPA administrator under President Obama, where she trail blazed the practice of using an e-mail alias to avoid transparency and pesky freedom of information requests from deplorable non-believers and “deniers.”
Green advocates have tried to silence, shame and shun their critics for many years, but McCarthy has taken it to new heights (or depths, depending on your point of view). Under President Obama, critics of the creed of apocalyptic global warming were labeled (holocaust) “deniers” and the media was urged not to give them any semblance of “equal” credence (as if that was ever the case), because the science was “settled.”
With the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and its 380 billion dollar “investment” in Chinese Communist Party manufactured solar panels, windmills and environmental “justice” reparations, national climate czars McCarthy and John Kerry have upped the ante on green censorship. Questioning the cost, benefits and value (in other words, the policy) is now classified as the new “denialism” and must be ended. Dissent is dangerous sedition, not courageous patriotism, because Democrats are in charge as opposed to (Hitlerian) Republicans.
Some recent McCarthy quotes on climate “deniers,” disinformation and the needed response:
• “The tech companies have to stop allowing specific individuals over and over again to spread disinformation.”
• “We need the tech companies to really jump in.”
• “Now it has moved from denial, but the dark money is still there. The fossil fuel companies are still basically trying their best to make sure that people don't understand the challenge of climate.”
• “Now, the challenge really is, how do we accelerate the solutions we have available to us, the technology improvements that we've seen that are most cost-effective, in fact cost-competitive with fossil fuels.”
• “And what the industry is now doing is seeding, basically, doubt about the costs associated with that and whether they work or not.”
You can watch McCarthy expound on the need to silence critics before a friendly audience at https://www.axios.com/2022/05/31/axios-event-gina-mccarthy-nih-misinform....
Since I am probably already on one of the McCarthy enemies of the planet censorship lists, I will be crystal clear and hope this is printed before the misinformation czars issue a gag order.
The $380 Billion climate elements of the Inflation Reduction Act will:
• Avert no global warming whatsoever;
• Make energy in the United States more expensive and less reliable;
• Enrich and further empower the Chinese Communist Party;
• Subsidize Democratic special interests;
• Buy votes for the Democratic Party;
• Encourage crony capitalism while destroying entrepreneurial capitalism.
Other than that and the fact it will not reduce inflation, it is a wonderful piece of legislation. Joe Manchin should be proud, and Kyrsten Sinema did well for her hedge fund donors. I especially love the $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit for well-heeled purchasers, especially after Ford et al raised the sticker price on their EV’s by $8,500.
The whole solar/windmill gambit gambling on intermittent power depends on improving battery technology and increasing lithium and rare earth mining and battery manufacturing, the vast majority of which is controlled by the Communist Chinese Party. There are vast deposits in Afghanistan, which we have now ceded to the Taliban and the CCP. There is a large deposit in Western Maine, but the climate alarmists do not want icky mining any more than they want carbon free nuclear power. Just shut up, stop complaining and thank the Democrats for $6/gallon diesel and home heating oil while you still can peasant.
Effective September 1 2022, Jon Reisman is retiring from the University of Maine at Machias after 38 years. Mr. Reisman’s views are his own and he welcomes comments as letters to the editor here, or to him directly via email at [email protected].